Congratulations on growing your business and expanding your team!
The below steps will get your new Employee up and running
1. Add your new Employee to Ovatu
To add your new Employee see How do I add a new Employee?
If adding a new Employee means upgrading to a larger plan, click Account > Plan and then the Change Plan button inside the relevant Plan Box
2. Set their notifications and alerts preferences
Click on the Notifications tab in the Add Employee box:
3. Set their Permissions
Click on the Permissions tab in the Add Employee box:
Employee Permissions are only effective if your employee logs in to your account using the Employee option and their Employee login details (see below)
4. Enable, disable and customise their Services settings
Click on the Services tab in the Add Employee box:
Select or unselect the Enabled checkboxes to enable / disable the Employee for each service and enter any price and time overrides for this Employee / Service combination
- Override the settings of a specific Employee/Service combination
- Disable this employee from online booking/remove specific services from online booking
- Limit the days on which this employee can perform a specific service
5. Create their calendar feed
If your new Employee would like to and if you permit, they can see their Ovatu Bookings in their personal calendar
Please note that calendar feeds are one way only - they show Ovatu events in an external calendar, but will not show events added to their personal calendar in Ovatu
Click the Calendar Feeds tab in the Add Employee box:
6. Add their photo
Click the Image tab in the Add Employee box:
Click the Browse button to upload an image of your new Employee
Click Save to save the image
This image will display next to the Employee's name in your Employee List in the web app, and also in your Ovatu mini site:
7. Set their login details
We recommend that your new Employee logs in to your account with their own unique password and PIN (if you choose to use the PIN function). This increases account security and allows you to track their actions on Sales and Reservations.
- How do I reset an Employee’s password?
- How do I set/reset an Employee’s PIN?
- Where do I find an Employee’s login details?
- What is the difference between Location login and Employee Login?
8. Set their Roster
Use the Default Roster to set their usual working hours, see How do I set/modify the Normal Hours Roster?
Use the Current Roster to override hours for a specific date, see How do I view/modify the Roster?
9. Show them where to get help
Show them our live online chat function on our website and in the web app
Ovatu Basics For New Employees is a great place to start :)